The latest Women in Business event took place at St Julians in Sevenoaks. It’s the first time we’ve been there in daylight and the views across the Weald of Kent are stunning. We are lucky to have the lounge and adjoining conservatory. When I first went in there I couldn’t believe what I could see. An ancient wisteria inside the conservatory and in full flower and smelling wonderful. The main trunk was outside and just showing buds but inside it was magnificent. Onto our event itself, Claire Penny of Kent Marketing Blog shared lots of tips with us on how to setup a good Twitter profile and use Twitter effectively for business
Claire’s Top Tips
- Setup your bio
- Tweet regularly
- Have a daily routine
- Be yourself
Setup your bio/profile
- Check your name (choose wisely, it should be your company name as the Username and it should have your real name in the Name field)
- Add your photo
- Add a URL link to your website in the Website field.
- Tweet at the same time of day if possible.
Have a daily routine
- Post updates
- Schedule using one of the tools such as Hootsuite / Tweetdeck /Sprout Social
- Check who is following you
- Check messages DM & @mentions
- Use Twitter lists to filter out the ‘noise’
Many thanks to Claire Penny of Kent Marketing Blog for an interesting and educational talk on Twitter.
Posted by Emma Cox of Cox Consultancy, Chair of Women in Business West Kent PS If you would like to blog for us please get in touch, you don’t have to be a member to do so as we welcome guest bloggers.