On a balmy June evening lots of Women in Business West Kent members made their way to St Julians in Sevenoaks to listen to Rachel Lowe of Catapult Sales talk about how to improve your sales technique and learn how to sell with confidence.
Top tips from Rachel
- Be Yourself – find a way to do this that feels comfortable. Ask for help if necessary
- Listen to what your customers want. The best sales people are great listeners.
- Be honest. If you don’t know the answer, say so and say you will find out and get back to them (it gives you an opportunity to go back to them again afterwards)
- Never sell on price (how much it costs you)
- Always know the value of your services to your customer and base your sales price
- Outline the features and benefits of your product or service and ensure you have a value statement (what the customer will gain at the end of it)
- Get testimonials in writing
- Add them to your website and LinkedIn profile
Ensure you end all conversations and meetings by asking for the next step.
If you would like to improve your sales or take advantage of Growth Accelerator funding take a look at the Catapult Sales website or ring Rachel on 0845 257 0065.