Each event begins with the opportunity for members to promote their own services and to mingle, making it a valuable forum to meet other members, make new friends and contacts. Prospective members and their guests are very welcome. Networking and information evening events are free for members and £10 for guests, unless otherwise stated. Don’t forget to bring plenty of business cards with you!
Events are held on the third Thursday of every month, alternating between venues in Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks.
- Royal Wells Hotel, 59 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8BE. Click here for map
- St Julians Club, Rumshott Estate Ltd, St Julians, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 0RX. Click here for a map
- 7.30pm – Meet for casual networking
- 7.45- 8.15pm – Each attendee has a 1 minute slot to briefly describe themselves and their business.
- 8.15pm – Speaker or workshop commences at 8.15pm.
- 9.30pm – Meeting ends
Arrive on the evening or to book in please use the Book Now button next to an individual event.
All events are FREE for members and £10 for non members.
Guests – please pay your meeting fees online using the Buy Now button (60p fee applies) and put your name and the meeting date as a reference, alternatively bring £10 cash to the meeting.
|Thu 18 May||Royal Wells|
|3 Steps To Claiming Your Expert Status... Even If You’re Scared Of Being Visible - Nina Cooke
If you’re like many business owners I speak to, you may be holding back from telling your prospects how you can help them to solve their urgent problem because you feel like a fraud. And that can leave you feeling frustrated because you don’t have more clients and your business isn’t growing.
• Feel sick with fear about speaking to a group of people, because you’re afraid they’ll judge you and criticise you?
• Find it impossible to share what you’re good at and stand in your expertise, who are you to position yourself as an expert?
• Feel it’s dangerous to be in the spotlight and, deep down, you know this is one of the main reasons your business isn’t growing?
During this talk, I’m going to share:
• The one thing you can focus on so that when you meet someone new, you’re happy to share what you do and how you can help her or him
• How to finally stop worrying about what people think about you so you can get out from behind your computer and enjoy connecting with potential clients
• How to stop feeling like a fraud, and step into your expert status so that you feel excited about telling others how you can serve them
You will walk away from this talk with a shift in the way that you think and feel about being more visible in your business. And plenty of tips and advice that you can implement straight away to help you get more paying clients and have a business you love.
|Thu 15 Jun||St Julians|
|Thu 20 July||Royal Wells|
|Thu 21 Sep||Royal Wells|
|Catherine Watkin tbc|
|Thu 19 Oct||St Julians|
|"This book means business" with Alison Jones
You already know that publishing a book would be rocket-fuel for your personal brand, bring you new clients, position you as the go-to person in your field, and create opportunities for speaking, consulting and more.
But you have products to deliver, a content strategy to implement, leads to generate, a network to build, right? Join me to discover a new approach to both writing and publishing. I’ll teach you how to write your book as part of your business, not a side project, and make it work for you from Day 1. You’ll discover:
• how to decide which book to write
• how to plan and structure it effectively
• why writing a book is your secret networking weapon
• how to make your book the engine of your content strategy as you write it
• clever ways to build the buzz about your book before you’ve even finished writing it
• brilliant ideas for linking your book with your business, online and off
• what your publishing options are and how to decide what’s best for you.
Alison Jones is a publisher, author and speaker, and host of The Extraordinary Business Book Cub podcast. After a 23-year career in trade and scholarly publishing working with major publishers such as Oxford University Press and Macmillan, during which she pioneered digital publishing, she set up an independent publishing house, Practical Inspiration Publishing, in 2014. She works with businesses and organisations as a publishing partner and provides executive coaching, consultancy and training services to publishers. She is the author of This Book Means Business (coming 2017).
|Thu 16 Nov||Royal Wells|
|Thu 14 Dec||Royal Wells|
|Christmas Drinks 2017|