Lovely to see so many new faces at the Royal Wells last night and a warm welcome to our newest members:
- Sarah Christie of Effective Outcomes – career coaching for women
- Nicola Deverson of Hilden Park Accountants who has also joined the committee as our treasurer
- Kat Rose of On Click – bespoke online elearning
- Andie Haycock and Claire Thomas of Thomas Haycock interior design and
- Lisa Western of Coleman Webb accountants.
Don’t forget we have a LinkedIn group which is open to all ladies. Plus a Facebook group for members. Please contact me for further details if you wish to be added to this.
Many thanks to Jade Pluck of Virtually Anywhere for a great session on how to make the best use of blogs and Facebook yesterday.
Top Tips from Jade
- Blog regularly whether it be once a week, fortnightly or monthly
- Write to solve your audience’s problems
- Share your blog posts via other social media such as Twitter and Facebook to drive traffic back to your website.
- Guest blog on someone else’s blog or have a guest blog (or two) on your own. It works very successful for Women in Business.
- Engage with your Facebook fans and use lots of photos and videos too if possible.
- Make the most of the new settings on the Facebook Timeline and pin and highlight posts. Complete the About Me section and don’t forget to put your website address in there.
- Use the Admin Panel and Build Audience and ask people to ‘Like’ your page.
Next time we are in Sevenoaks and a panel of four of our members will be sharing some of the lessons learned from starting up and running their successful local businesses. You can book on via our events page.
Hope to see you there!
Chair – WIB West Kent